Spicy Curry Mushroom Quinoa
If you are looking for some quick lunch or dinner ideas. Quinoa is a fast nutritionally packed grain that will make your belly super satisfied. Here is a delicious filling quinoa recipe that would be a great side dish, or tossed on top of a great big salad!
- 2 cups of water
- Dash of Cool Runnings Caribbean spice and roasted Garlic
- Dash of Cool Runnings Jamaican style curry powder
- 1.5 cups of water
- Tsp Cool Runnings Caribbean spice and roasted Garlic
- Tsp Cool Runnings Jamaican style curry powder
- Dash of Turmeric
- Grab a medium pot, boil 2 cups of water with a dash of caribbean spice and curry powder.
- Add the quinoa and wait 15 min. When done, set aside.
- In a medium pan, fill it with 1.5 cups of water. add a tsp of caribbean spice, tsp of curry powder and a dash of turmeric.
- Allow to boil and add the mushrooms. (mushrooms should take 10 min or until soft).
- Keep the remaining water for the final step!
- Mix the quinoa and mushrooms together and pour the remaining spiced mushroom water overtop.
- If you don't have the specific spices that I used, you can use any kind of curry and for the caribbean spice you can just use some garlic, onion, allspice, hot pepper (maybe cayenne), and a little bit of pink Himalayan sea salt. Make it your own and add some other stuff if you want!
Clean Livin' http://cleanlivinlife.com/