Michelle makes a killer Recipe for Stuffed Peppers!
Check it out! –
6 bell peppers, tops cut away and seeds removed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 bell pepper (any color), finely chopped
1 batch prepared TVP sausage
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large pot of boiling water, parboil the peppers until just tender, 3 minutes.
3. Remove them and set them aside to dry.
4. Saute the onions and peppers in vegetable oil until they are soft.
5. In a bowl, combine the onions and peppers, TVP sausage, rice and marinara sauce.
6. Pour enough water into a baking dish to just cover the bottom, about 1/8-inch deep.
7. Stuff the bell peppers with the rice-TVP mixture and place in the baking dish.
8. Cover and bake until the peppers are very tender and the filling is heated through, 30 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
1 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup textured vegetable protein
1. In a saucepan, add the water, the soy sauce and the spices.
2. Bring it to a boil, stir it well and remove the pot from the heat.
3. Add the TVP, mix well, and let it stand for 10 minutes.
4. Fluff it with a fork.